When you are trying to create a quality manual for your business, job position or whatever reason, it can be considered a big and important task. Other people are going to refer to this manual and use to make decisions for whatever issues or problems they may have. It is important to make sure it is done carefully, because a poorly created manual could have consequences you are not aware of yet. With saying that it can also be very rewarding as well.
Benefits of Quality Manual
When you are writing your own quality manual, it is usually going to be specific to your company’s particular situation making it unique. Also a major benefit of writing your own quality manual is that it will save you massive amounts of money. If you were to go to an outside consultant and have them create you a manual it could cost you thousands of dollars. Possibly anywhere from 10,000 to 20,000 to get it done. It is always better to have a personal touch when you do it, because you are the only one who is going to make sure it is done right, to avoid fines, and ensure safety in your company.
The Steps In Creating A Quality Manual.
When developing your own quality manual, you may follow the following process.
- The first step is to create an outline. This is pretty much a rough sketch of what you want to include in your chapters of table of contents we should say.
- Then you will want to include the details for each section you plan to include in the manual. It is important to make sure the details are accurate and explained in way that anybody who reads this can understand it. Make sure you verify all procedures are correct when you put them in the manual. This is the most time consuming of the all the steps.
- Make sure it is clear and easy to read, and it is pretty straight forward. Avoid company jargon that everybody may not be able to understand.
- Make sure all you headings and subheadings are clear, and create separate sections in the manual to separate them,so people are not confused. The material has to make sense, because it is being developed for other people to read and follow the instructions.
- It is important to make sure your tables of contents is listed in beginning. Although this element usually comes first, you really do not need it until you have almost finished the manual. This will help you make sure, you know where everything is located in the manual. 6. In this step you want to proofread your work. Review it and revise it if you have to. Make sure all you work is as accurate as it can be.
When you have finished the quality manual development, it is crucial to apply it in the quality control process. You may also need to update it based on the needs.